- CMS has now merged the operations of the former Coordination of Benefits Contractor and the former Medicare Secondary Payer Recovery Contractor into a new entity to be known as the Benefits Coordination & Recovery Center (BCRC).
- In a decided step backward, there is no longer a separate web page providing information about the BCRC. Instead, anyone who wants information is directed to make a telephone call (to 1-855-797-2627), where someone will no doubt require information about the beneficiary, the insurance or other resource that might be obligated to pay, etc.
- The MSPRC.info page is still up, but informs users that it is not being updated and will be taken down by April 1. Visitors are directed to the Coordination of Benefits page for up to date information.
- There is an informational page entitled "How Medicare works with other insurance" and another linked from it called "Who pays first."
- Beneficiaries are informed at the second page that information about available group health coverage is collected with the Initial Enrollment Questionnaire. If the information changes, the beneficiary is again directed to make that phone call.
- The page also has two drop-down menus with further statements about primary obligations (without using that phrase), conditional payments, and the repayment obligations, covering no-fault, liability, and workers' compensation claims.
Information about the My MSP Payment Summary page is found on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Finally, it does take some searching, but there are two relevant PDF publications that CMS makes available at this site: